26 November 2021
1. Introduction and Application
(a) Fanscope is committed to protecting your privacy and the security of your personal information.
(c) By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of personal information and other information in accordance with this policy.
User: a Paid Plan User, or a Visitor.
Paid Plan User: a person who has signed up to a Paid Plan.
Visitor: a visitor to the Website (i.e. Fanscope.io).
End User: Your Page's own visitors and customers
2. What Personal Information do we collect?
(a) Personal data means information or data about a living individual who can be identified from that information or data (which includes information or data in our possession or which is likely to come into our possession).
(b) We collect several different types of personal information for various purposes. In the table below we have categorized this personal information and describe what is it and how we may collect it.
(c) Types of Data Collected:
User Data: This is the personal information that is provided by you (User) when you sign up for and use the Fanscope Service. Such personal information may include email address, name, username, hashed password, city/country when signing up, any country of last sign-in, language/browser type, vertical (industry), application data (i.e. user preference).
If you have a Paid Plan: Such personal information may include all of the information above, plus your wallet details, and full name for billing details.
In addition to the above, we may use and store information about Visitors. This is anonymized and aggregated in high quantities, and we remove any personal information as we are interested in the "how" not the "who".
Usage Data: This includes information on how the Fanscope Service is accessed and used by Users and End Users, as well as usernames and passwords, internet protocol ('IP) addresses (and geographic information from an IP address), browser types, time zone settings, the time spent on webpages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data
Location Data: We may use and store information about your approximate location (e.g. your country, city or postcode) using geographic information from your IP address. We use this data to provide features of the Fanscope Service, and to improve and customize the Fanscope Service.
Marketing Data: This includes your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us.
(d) Certain aspects of your personal information, for example user data, are required for the Fanscope Services and if you fail to supply such information as requested for specific Fanscope Services, we may be unable to provide you with the products and services in full and your enjoyment of such products and services may be more limited.
(e) Sensitive data - We do not collect any sensitive personal information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions or associations, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association or union, sexual orientation or practices, and criminal record information). Nor do we collect any information about your health, genetic background or biometric personal information.
- Our services are not intended for use by children under the page of 13 (the “Age Limit”). If you are under the Age Limit, please do not use the Fanscope Service and do not provide us your personal information. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that an individual (of whom you are a parent or guardian) under the Age Limit has provided us with personal information, please contact us. We will upon notice or discovery take all reasonable efforts to erase or destroy any personal information that may have been collected or stored by us about that individual.
- If you are older than the Age Limit but younger than 18 years’ of age (“Provisional Age Bracket”), you must obtain the consent of your parent or guardian to use the Fanscope Service before signing up. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that an individual (of whom you are the parent or guardian) in the Provisional Age Bracket has provided us with personal information, please contact us. We will, upon notice or discovery, take all reasonable efforts to erase or destroy any personal information that may have been collected or stored by us about that individual.
3. Why do we collect your personal information?
(a) Fanscope uses the data we collect for various purposes, including for the most common purposes listed below:
- To provide and deliver the Fanscope Services and to assess, maintain and improve the performance of the Fanscope Services.
- To ensure the Service is relevant to you and your device, to notify you about changes to our Service, and to deliver targeted content based on your user data, location and preferences.
- For consumer research and to allow you to participate in surveys or interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so.
- To provide customer support and to process and respond to a request or complaint that you may have.
- To monitor the usage of our Service and to detect, prevent and address technical issues.
- To process any of your transactions and to conduct business planning, reporting, and forecasting.
- To deliver promotional materials, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have
- For the administration of our business including for fulfilling and exercising our obligations and rights, exercising or defending legal claims, and managing the relationship with you.
- To comply with our legal obligations and law enforcement requests.
- To verify your identity and to detect fraud and potential fraud, including fraudulent payments and fraudulent use of the Service.
4. How do we collect your personal information?
(a) We will collect personal information directly from you wherever it is reasonable and practical to do so. We may collect personal information from you via:
- your use and access of the Fanscope Services, including during your registration as a user;
- website links, social media or through any other platform or channel where you make personal information available to us;
- your response to any surveys or marketing materials we send out;
- information and recommendations uploaded to the Fanscope Services by yourself or by other users; and
- interactions between yourself, other users of the Fabscioe Services, and our staff.
(b) We may also collect your personal information from third parties including:
- third parties who partner with us and help us provide our Fanscope Services;
- third parties that provide us with marketing leads;
- third parties for whom we provide marketing and data analysis services; and
- via public sources or when you connect with a social network service when using and accessing the Service.
(c) The legal basis for collecting and using personal information will depend on the specific circumstances in which we collect that data. However we will collect personal information from you where:
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party (including in connection with the Fanscope Services);
- you have consented to our use of the personal information for one or more purposes;
- the processing is in the legitimate interests pursued by us, and those interests are balanced against your rights to privacy and do not override your interests or fundamental rights to the protection of your personal information; and
- to comply with a legal obligation and the law.
5. Who we may disclose your personal information to?
(a) Third party disclosure
We may disclose your personal information to various third parties. These third parties are likely to include:
- technology and media partners in connection with the services that these third parties perform for us;
- our lawyers, accountants and professional advisors;
- other third party service providers, such as third party branding service providers;
- to Fanscope related companies;
- to law enforcement authorities where we are required to do so by law or as a result of a legal process;
(b) Disclosure of personal information to other countries
- Fanscope may transfer personal information to the Seychelles and other countries in which we do business. Fanscope may also subcontract certain activities and share your personal information with third parties.
1. Necessary cookies: are those that are essential to run our website or to enable you to receive a service that you have requested. For example, to operate a Users’ session or any other request type functionality on the Service
2. Performance cookies: are those that collect information about how visitors use and interact with our website so that we can improve it.
3. Functionality cookies: are those that remember the choices you make. Without these cookies you may find that certain features are less convenient and reliable. For example, we use these to remember your language and country of choice and to present relevant content.
4. Marketing cookies: are those that help us deliver advertising that is more relevant to you and your interests. They include third party cookies placed by our partners and other advertisers who share cookie data with us. For example, we use these cookies to re-target our advertising to appropriate audiences within our advertising partners’ platforms, such as Facebook advertising.
(d) Your web browser can also be configured to reject cookies. If you set up your web browser to reject cookies certain functions of the Website may become unavailable to you.
7. Direct marketing communications?
8. How long do we retain your personal information?
9. How do we secure your personal information?
(a) We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed
(b) In addition we limit access to your personal information to employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need for access. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
(c) While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Therefore we have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
10. Link to other sites
11. What are your rights in relation to personal information?
(a) Access and correction of personal information
- We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we handle is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you become aware of any errors in your personal information or, if you change your personal information, please let us know.
- If we are unable to, or if we are unwilling to provide you with access to any of your personal information, or to correct any of your personal information, we will provide you with our reasons to the extent required by applicable law.
- You may also contact us if you wish to obtain further information regarding our privacy practices and the way we handle your personal information.
(b) Other rights
Subject to certain limitations and restrictions (e.g. depending on circumstances such as where you reside) you may have the right to exercise additional rights in relation to your personal information. This may include the rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”). Accordingly, the following rights might be available to you depending on your location and except as limited under applicable law. These may include the right to:
- The right of rectification - You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object - You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information.
- The right of restriction - You have the right to request that we temporarily or permanently restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability - You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right not to be subject to automated decision making - You have the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect or produce a significant effect on you.
- The right to withdraw consent - You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your personal information.
(c) Please note that in order to verify your request or the applicability of any of these right to your circumstances, we may ask you for further information and to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
(b) We may need to contact you to request further details of your complaint. If an investigation has been opened following a complaint made by you, then we will contact you with the result of that complaint as soon as possible. In the unlikely circumstances we are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you may contact the local privacy and data protection authorities in your jurisdiction.
13. Contact Us
By email using (Fanscope Email)